Saturday, April 10, 2010

The 1st Step is Admitting It...

My name is Steph and I have an obsession with baby blankets and baby pajamas.

Hi Steph.

I have had this obsession since A was a baby. It has begun again, as I have started buying for Lily. Oh, not just any blankets and pjs. Very specific.  Only a lot has changed in 10 years...BabGap doesn't make them like they used to. Nor does Old Navy. So I have to scour for BabyGap and am still grateful that Gymboree makes them.  What are these golden blankets you ask?

They are super soft cotton blankets that have a heavy enough weight that the baby feels something on them...perfect for napping, but not too big to stress mom out about covering the face. As your baby grows bigger into a toddler, they become easy to carry, perfect in the car and just all around becomes the favorite blanket. For A, I had a TON of them...pumpkins, chickens for Easter, airplanes, frogs etc.  As soon as we found out Lily was a girl, I have been watching for these blankets. I'm NOT willing to spend the $26 bucks on them full price. Nope, no way. I am a bargain shopper and don't pay full price for anything.  The key with these is timing. Catching them at JUST the right time on clearance.  I will pay a little more for one that I have absolutely fallen in love with. Maximum price for me: $11.99.  Yes, that's me. Frugal.  When Target sells blankets that are not my golden ticket blankie for $16.99, I feel comfortable paying 12 dollars for the one I love.  Lily has 3 so far:




















G said, "Doesn't she have enough blankets already?" I said, "Just wait. You'll see and you'll thank me." ♥  I love them so much! I love penguins, I love red, and we all love fishing! (the red kitty one was $3.99!)

Now on to my her pjs! I love the fitted pants and long sleeved shirts...these are primarily BabyGap and OldNavy styles. They also carry summer pjs with short sleeves and shorts --love those too! I love that they are two pieces and easy for diaper changes! I bought the penguin Christmas pjs before we knew Lily was a girl, but the rest have come after learning she's a she. :)  These usually run $14.50-$19.50 a pair. I paid $5.97 each. Yay!









































I have a problem.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Step,
    My name is Summer and I also have a BIG shopping addiction when it comes to Kelcee! LOL....

    Oh girl I jut went on a major Gymbucks crazy sell and scored big time! Ooooh I noticed while I was shopping online they are having a super big baby sale going on right now so you should sooo go check it out! Those our my fav kind of blankets....Kelcee had several....I wish I would have known you before I gave them all away....ugggg......

    Those jammies are just presh
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just looked at the baby stuff on Gymboree online and they have the cutest floral hot pink snail blanket for 12.99 regular 19.99 SCORE....I'm sure they have more in the sale section too....go check it out friend
    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post.
    D is still wearing some of A's hand-me-down jammies (they've taken a real beating after this many kids-but they're still hangin' on!). The first thing M got from you was jammies.
    You found some really cute jams and blankets for Lily. Good work, shopper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph,
    I also LOVE LOVE LOVE Gymbo blankets!! Cate already has that penguin one, and the floral snail one is packed in her bag for the hospital! I got her a bunch of that line to "come home in"
    When Fionn was born we probably bought him half a dozen and we still have them all and use them. I can't bear to part with them. I've been buying them since Maggie was little but I don't think I saved any of hers from when she was a baby!
    I stocked up on Gymbucks this past fall getting ready for Christmas because I knew we would be finding out what we were having right before redemption. I'm too embarrassed to say how many I had, but at least my husband understands my addiction!
    Good luck, and the South Hills store ALWAYS has a great stock of sale stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I think we may be twins! I love love love baby blankets except I did pay way to much for some of mine! I had a small addiction to Pottery Barn kids and my daughter had like 5 blankets from there...then I started making my own! Its actually really easy and Im not a great sewer! Anyway each of my kids are addicted to blankets and I would say we have 50...maybe I am a blanket hoarder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those jammies are adorable. If it's one thing I wish I could do is buy clothes in cute colors like pink and purple...yellow and hearts...so precious. I have 2 boys so I buy for others to curb the craving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an addict too when it comes to pj's. I love the snug fit kind too - I can always find good sales at the end of the season at Old Navy, but Gap not so much. Even when they're on sale, I still think they cost too much. Carters has some really cute ones for spring - I just bought Gracie several pairs.

    ReplyDelete