Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's a Great Day for Hockey!


We're a hockey lovin' family...hence the name of the blog. :)

In the NHL, the Penguins have made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, the Coyotes are fighting to stay alive, as are the Nashville Predators.  These are the 3 teams I like...all 3 places I've lived. Once I understood the game learned the rules, I was hooked!

I'm not just a professional hockey fan. I LOVE hockey!

A started playing deck hockey (on a hockey deck, played with a ball as the puck --no skating) when we moved to Pittsburgh in the Fall of 2007. This was a kid who had never picked up a hockey stick before, as it's not a big sport in Arizona for kids to start playing. :)

He's been playing ever since--Fall, Winter, Spring each year. He loves it and has really taken to it.  This season that just ended was his 1st time in the 10-12 year old league.

A was nervous to start this past season as it was bigger and older boys, but once it started and he was able to show he could score goals and knew what he was doing, he was fine.

Last Thursday night, his team won their championship series! They won 5 to 3 and he scored the 1st goal of the game!
 
He's #6 on the black team...
Getting himself set in front of the net...just like a good wing should...

Getting his championship trophy!

G and A
a very proud dad...
And just as quickly as a season ends, another begins...practice started for a new league 2 days after the win...

Proud Hockey Mom,

6 comments:

  1. HOly cow.. congrats on the championship. I have never watched a hockey game not once lol.. I know I know where have I been hiding lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great pics. As far as hockey goes, I like tonsil hockey, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo congrats on the championship!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hockey, too! Though down here, it's not very popular. I'll be a soccer mom intstead of a hockey one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay...you must be so proud of your little champion!! Congrats. I'm married to a Canadian..so I have to love hockey!

    ReplyDelete