Monday, April 5, 2010

Diaper Bag Dilemma...Solved

I have been looking and looking and looking for a diaper bag like nobody's business.  I've asked my friends, searched online, boutiques, baby stores and still hadn't found exactly what I was looking for.

I wanted something cute (not Winnie the Pooh or Snoopy type) and functional. I'm all about the practicality. I don't want to carry something that I don't like and that doesn't fulfill the needs I desire. 

With A,  I got the diaper bag I loved, but after a short while I knew it didn't have enough separate pockets and it ended up not being durable enough. The strap ripped from the bag and it was one big pocket full of mess.  Granted this was 10+ years ago and I didn't yet have the experience of having the baby to know what I needed when I got it.

Here I am 10 years wiser older and I know that function is more important to me than appearance. But, why can't I have both? After my several month long search....I believe I have found exactly that!

I'm fortunate enough to have a fiance who doesn't care how girly the diaper bag is and specifically said, "I'm man enough to carry whatever you choose, babe." ♥  (Although he doesn't yet know that I'm getting him is own because I found one I lovelovelove for him.)

Well today I found it for an additional 20% off the price! I love a bargain and after scouring to find the least expensive price anywhere, I determined that there is a standard price across the board. The 20% off was my purchase decision for today:

JJ Cole Mode Tote Bag
"The mode includes twelve pockets inside and out for organizing. Depending on preference, the mode allows for three carrying options including two tote straps, a removable padded shoulder strap, or stroller attachments for a no-slip grip to your stroller handle.
• easy-to-clean laminated canvas
• removable, padded shoulder strap
• two front zipper pockets
• back pocket for all your changing needs
• coordinating changing pad included"

12 pockets!!!!! Woo hoo!!! I love the 3 ways to carry it too!







































I am thrilled to find what I was looking for and can't wait for it to arrive! I think a diaper bag is a very personal choice and everyone has different needs and desires....I'm so glad I found what I wanted and I'm hoping in person it is everything I desire!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. very cute!!! I am still on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my good friends has a JJ Cole bag and she loves loves loves it! I think that you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! Love the print and the hot pink! Girl ya know I am all about hot pink! I am so glad you found a bag you liked! After all you will be toting it around for at least 3 or more years LOL....Kelcee is 3 1/2 and I still carry one although it is more my Vera Bradley purse now Hahahahaha and it carries all her suckers, dinosaurs, baby accessories, I mean if someone would actually look in my purse they would be like WHAT in the world LOL....

    xoxo
    Summer ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am just super glad to have read this. i'm in the market for a new diaper bag too and i'm trying to make a decision i won't regret! plus, it needs to be big enough for 2 babies. but yet, i don't want to carry a suitcase around! : )

    ReplyDelete