Monday, April 26, 2010

24 weeks

How far along are you?
~24 weeks, 2 days
According to Babycenter: "Your baby has caught up with an ear of corn in size and gained about 1/4 pound since last week. (Length: almost a foot.)"















What symptoms are you experiencing?

~Horrible pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel
~General uncomfortableness --you know the near inability to tie my shoes


How are you feeling?
~My hand hurts so badly in the morning, it takes hours before it BEGINS to feel better! I got a nighttime wrist stabilizer and it has helped so much!!! No more falling asleep in the middle of the night, just stiff in the morning now, but not so painful. I'll take that!

Any Midwife/Doctor appointments/ultrasounds/tests this past week and how did they go?
~I did have one last Monday...
http://gotonepastgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-up-doc.html
All is well and Lily looks great!! Yippee!
I did forget to add to the post about Lily that she weighs 1 pound, 3 oz. ♥

Anything big happening in your personal life (moving, work related, family, etc.)?
~Got into an argument with G this week -- I have more reactiveness due to hormones. :) No biggie, really and no, the honeymoon's not over. We argue. Shocking, I know. *sarcasm*
~My mom's coming to visit soon! More cleaning, unpacking and organizing to accomplish!

Any fears or hopes you want to get off your chest?
~I truly am enjoying this pregnancy finally after our ultrasounds and doctor visits...I feel like we can breathe a little bit easier.  In all honesty, it makes the weird annoying hormonal symptoms tolerable.

Any belly pics or ultrasound photos from this week?

Ultrasound pics: Lily's pics

Any food cravings?
~Braunschweiger
~Peanut butter & strawberry jelly sandwiches
~Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards
~milk
~tomatoes
~Italian dressing (I normally eat ranch)

Tell us your favorite thing about your pregnancy this week.
~I've had a couple moments this week where I've had to stop and think, "Did I feel her move today?" Then as if to let me know...there she goes! It's amazing to me.

What has been the most surprising thing about this pregnancy?
~I'm amazed that we only have 16 Saturdays until her due date!!!! I'm finally enjoying being pregnant without constant fear and I feel like it's flying by! So excited to meet her....


Baby brain moment of the week?
~I'm terrible at keeping track of this and recording the information.
:(
Honestly, it's probably because I forget and that is SOOOOO frustrating to me in the first place. I have a phenomenal memory normally. Oh! Here's one thing I did....A's hockey practice for his new team was moved from Sunday to Saturday due to weather and it was "moved to Saturday from 1:00pm to 2:00pm".  Apparently, this means the practice is from 1 to 2pm. We showed up for it to begin at 2pm.  Woops.  Baby brain, yes, but I think that's confusing too.

Random Question of the Week:
Have you been feeling a lot of movement? Feel any kicks from the outside yet?
~Lily's an active little monkey! I feel her a lot and it just makes me so happy! G and A have been able to feel her so far too!! A being the 10 year old boy he is, thinks it's strange and G smiles. :)  ♥

Lovin' Lily...

2 comments:

  1. i'm so glad that other preggy's have gone and lost their mind, too! : ) it's amazing (and miraculous!) how pregnancy affects our bodies. i'm so sorry about the carpal tunnel. how painful. i am 35 weeks and am feeling it! can't wait for our baby girls to arrive! take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great!!! So laughing that you have counted the Saturday's until her arrival...now that is a pregnant mama for ya!

    I craved peanutbutter with my last one....oh my gosh that is actually why I took a preggo test because I hate an entire jar in like 4 days! haha!

    ReplyDelete